Emily Eccles, PhD
Post-Doctoral Fellow and Psychological Assistant
Dr. Emily Eccles is a postdoctoral fellow and psychological assistant working under the supervision of Dr. Steve Smith. Her professional experiences include working in community health care clinics, residential mental health care programs, and college counseling centers providing individual, family, and group therapy as well as conducting psychological assessments. Her experience includes working with people of all ages with diverse mental health concerns, particularly exposure to physical and psychological trauma. Specific areas of interest include trauma-focused interventions, anti-racist and liberation psychology, self-compassion focused therapy, and acceptance and commitment therapy. In therapy, she is passionate about helping people connect with their values and fostering self-compassion in the service of living meaningful lives.
- PhD Clinical Psychology, Fielding Graduate University
- MA Clinical Psychology, Fielding Graduate University
- Post-doctoral Fellow and Psychological Assistant, Steve Smith, PhD Private Practice
- Doctoral Intern, Central Washington University Counseling Clinic
- Psychological Assistant, Child Abuse Listening and Mediation
- Therapist, Sanctuary Centers of Santa Barbara
Areas of Interest:
Anxiety, acculturation, bipolar disorder, depression, grief, identity development, mindfulness, relationship issues, self-compassion, stress, transition issues, trauma (complex trauma, racial trauma, interpersonal violence), Women’s issues
Psychological assessments- ADHD, learning disorders, cognitive, achievement, and personality assessments.